BLYTHWOOD CROSS COUNTRY RUNNING – FALL 2018
**Training begins Monday, September 10th, 2018 at 8:00 am, in the schoolyard **
New this year: TDSB Tryout & Participation Form must be completed before student can participate in off-site practices. Updated Forms will be provided here at a later date.
- All students in Grades 1 to 6 can participate– everyone makes the team!!! The program benefits competitive runners, anyone wishing to improve their fitness levels and athletes cross-training for soccer, hockey, figure skating, etc.
- Meet distances:Grades 1 and 2 – 1000 m; Grade 3 – 1500 m; and Grades 4-6 – 2000 m.
- Qualifying Meet Location at Earl Bales Park, 4169 Bathurst St, just south of Sheppard
- Blythwood runners will be taking a school bus to the first qualifying meet. All runners will be required to go to and from the qualifying first meet on a TDSB school bus. No parent drivers required. Further details will be provided closer to the first meet.
- Practices are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, starting promptly at 8 am.There is no practice on Wednesday mornings. We meet in the Blythwood schoolyard, by the hockey pads.Each session will start with a warm-up, dynamic stretching and then a specific running workout. We do not run in the rain. For the first few days we will train at the school; once all permission forms are returned we will run offsite with parent and staff volunteers supervising. At times, we may run an alternate course.
- Students should dress for the weatherand bring a drinkto rehydrate after practice. Running shoes with laces are mandatory – no slip-on running shoes or skateboarding shoes please.
- Cross Country shirtswill be available again this year. STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER INFO.
- Staff Coach: Mr. Haywood
- Parent Coaches: Vanessa Bennett, Alex Tinmouth, Richard Closs, Kathleen Kent
PARENT VOLUNTEER SUPPORT:
We need your help to keep 180 children running – please volunteer!
Please email any of the above coaches if you can help out on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays – we really need your help!!