The Track & Field Program at Blythwood for 2019 consists of 3 key parts (detailed below):
- Blythwood Track & Field Day
- Blythwood Track School Team Try-Outs
- TDSB Track & Field Meets (grades 4-6) and Run Jump Throw Event (grades 2-3)
|Blythwood Track & Field Day||Blythwood School Team Try-Outs||TDSB Track & Field Meets||Run Jump Throw Event (Non-Competitive)|
|Applicable Grades||Grades 1-6||Grades 4-6||Grades 4-6||Grades 2-3|
|Description||This is a FUN DAY for all students in grades 1-6 where students participate in several track & field events with their classmates||The Blythwood school team will be chosen from input from the results of the Track & Field Day on April 25th for 80m sprint, relay, hurdles, running long jump, standing long jump and shotput.|
Separate try-outs will take place at North Toronto Collegiate Institute (NTCI) to determine the Blythwood School Team for the following events:
200m, 400m, 800m, and 1500m.
|TDSB Track & Field Meets:|
• North Conference Qualifiers
• North Conference Championships
• City Championships
Athletes must qualify at the North Conference Qualifiers to advance to the North Conference Championships and then to the City Championships.
|Approx. 25 students will be selected by lottery. Further details will be sent out to interested students closer to the date.|
|Timing||Thurs. April 25, 2019|
8:50 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. (primary grades in the A.M. and junior grades in the P.M.)
(Rain Date: Fri. April 26)
|Tryouts for 200m & 400m at NTCI:|
April 24 at 7:15 a.m.
Tryouts for 800m at NTCI:
April 26 at 7:30 a.m.
Tryouts for 1500m at NTCI/Sherwood:
April 29 at 7:30 a.m.
|Qualifiers: May 6, 2019 at Esther Shiner Stadium|
North Conf. Finals: May 31 at Esther Shiner Stadium
City Finals: June 11 at Birchmount Stadium
|May 6, 2019 at Esther Shiner Stadium
Note: Further information about the triple jump try-outs will be posted and communicated to students closer to the date.
Practices will be held during gym classes where appropriate.
- Esther Shiner Stadion – 5720 Bathurst St. track is west off Bathurst, north of Finch (behind Northview Hts. S.S.)
- Birchmount Stadium – 75 Birchmount Rd north of Kingston Rd, south of Danforth Ave.
Note that TDESAA will hold all meets rain or shine. The meet will be suspended due to lightning or extreme weather conditions. If lightning is in the forecast during the day of the meet, the meet will be cancelled.
Attire at the TDESAA Meets
Running shoes only. No cleats (soccer, football shoes). No bare or stocking feet.
All athletes are required to wear their Blythwood school jersey to the TDESAA Meets. If you do not have one, they can be borrowed on the day of the event.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Complete the TDSB Interschool Athletics Tryout & Participation Form (gr 4-6) and return it to the school by April 18, 2019. Please ensure you include your email address on the form where indicated on page 2. Forms have been handed out.
- Runners – although it may be cold, you can start some conditioning at home. Dust off your runners and head outside with your parents for a few runs!
- Children should sign up with Mr Haywood in gym class to try out for any of the following track events: 200m, 400m, 800m and 1500m. Only children who have signed up and returned a completed TDSB Interschool Athletics Tryout & Participation Form will be allowed to try out.
Mr Haywood & The Coaching Team
Please contact Vanessa Bennett 416 722 6255 or moc.s1555971784regor1555971784@tten1555971784nebsv1555971784t1555971784 for program information.